Dr. Lavnya Narula received her Bachelor of Dentistry from of a joint program with Vinayaka Missions University and Penang International Dental College in 2015. She graduated with distinction and was the recipient of the Gold Medal for the 1st ranked graduate of the class of 2015. Additionally, she was awarded multiple honorary recognitions for academic excellence across various fields including Oral Medicine & Radiology, Pedodontics, Oral Pathology and Orthodontics. She has since continued to pursue various additional certifications to advance her skillset in her areas of interest such as Aesthetic dentistry and Prosthodontics.
Upon graduation, Dr. Lavnya helming from a family of doctors commenced her career in the public sector with a keen need to help treat needy patients in non-urban locations. She worked with the Malaysian Ministry of Health as a General Dentist based in Malacca, Malaysia for over 5 years, where she garnered experience across diverse range of disciplines and the variety of treatments including caring for emergency trauma patients. She has been repeatedly recognized for going the extra mile in caring for her patients and ensuring their comfort during treatments.
Dr. Lavnya is proficient in a wide array of disciplines including:
• Prosthodontics (Full and Partial dentures)
• Periodontal treatment (Scale and Polish and root planing treatment)
• Aesthetic dentistry (teeth whitening and porcelain veneers)
• Preventative dentistry (Fissure sealants, Fluoride application, diet and oral hygiene advice)
• Restorative dentistry (composite fillings, root-canal treatments, crown & bridge work)
• Simple and complex extractions
• Treatment of anxious and phobic patients
• Emergency and trauma treatment
• Treatment of children across age groups
Languages known: Native English speaker, fluent in Malay, functional knowledge of Mandarin and Hindi.
Something you didn’t know: Dr. Lavnya is an avid Boxer and has a keen interest in fitness, reading and cooking.