GP AND FAMILY MEDICINE
We pride ourselves on being a Community clinic. Working in the community and with the community can be an exciting and rewarding process.
At Apex Medical and Dental Clinics, our team of Healthcare professionals strives hard to provide comprehensive medical solutions and care in line with highest international medical standards to the multicultural population in the bustling communities around us.
Our practitioners take their time to understand all the relevant details about you and the family as part of their assessment which helps them in arriving at an accurate diagnosis and to prescribe the relevant medication.
From your child’s first visit to see a doctor, management of your chronic disease, family travel vaccinations or a health check of your parents who are visiting you , the Apex Team is here to provide your whole family with the best possible healthcare, support and advice every step of the way.
Our Family physicians serve as a first point of contact for the members of the communities around us irrespective of their age. They take a holistic approach and not only look at the physical but also the mental and psychological wellbeing of the patient. Needless to say, preventive medicine forms a very important part of our ethos as we pledge to protect, promote, and maintain health and well-being, and to prevent disease, disability, and premature death.
Our Services include the diagnosis, treatment and management of all non-emergency conditions including (but not limited to) the below
• Regular illnesses such as colds, migraines, pain and routine infections.
• Children’s health, immunization and management of mandatory and elective doses.
• Pap Smears /Cervical cancer screening for women
• Occupational health
• Management of chronic diseases including diabetes, asthma, heart disease, hypertension and thyroid.
• Musculoskeletal problems.
• Nutrition and diet planning.
• Ear Piercing.
• Ear Irrigation.
• Blood tests.
• Allergy and intolerance testing.
• Skin disorders including acne, eczema and psoriasis.
• Travel vaccinations.
• Executive health checks for Men and women ( customized to your requirement )
We highly recommend that you make an appointment in advance to avoid any inconvenience. In situations of emergency or urgency, walk-ins appointments are always prioritized ensuring you get immediate care & advice.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Motor city within minutes of the surrounding communities like the Arabian Ranches, Mudon , The Sustainable City (TSC) , Mira , Mira Oasis , Victory Heights , Dubai Sports City ,Layan, Remraam , Akoya, Town square Jumeirah Village Triangle , Jumeirah Village Circle , Jumeirah Park , Springs and Meadows .
Dr. Maisam Bakir
A post graduate from Arab Board of Medical Specialization in Pediatrics (CABMS). Dr. Maisam, a Canadian National started her career in Dubai since 2003 and worked at Latifa Hospital, one of the most reputed hospitals in Dubai. Her experience was not limited to general pediatric services but extended to include management of blood diseases in children, like Thalassemia, and all kinds of anemias, blood transfusion medicine, child development and growth, assessment and evaluation of child wellbeing, family and premarital counseling, breast feeding and lactation consultancy.
Dr. Maisam is a winner of the prestigious HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Award as Outstanding Physician in UAE, 2013.
Moreover, Dr. Maisam participated in improving quality of medical services, worked as active member to achieve JCI accreditation while employed at Dubai Health Authority, improved quality control, established and reviewed clinical guidelines, infection control and clinical audit.
Dr. Maisam, has been a lecturer at Dubai Medical College for Girls, and instructor in training junior doctors, residents and nursing staff in her department. She is a celebrated speaker in many national and international conferences and has published several scientific papers in sound reputed medical journals like Blood, Hemoglobin, Annals Haematology, Annals of Saudi Medicine and Heamatologica.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
● Management of All Common General Pediatric Diseases (e.g. Acute Fever, Cough, Ear Infection, Bronchiolitis, Asthma, Snoring, Vomiting and Diarrhea, Constipation, Eczema and Food Allergy).
● Diagnosis and Management of Blood Diseases in Children e.g. Thalassemia and All Kinds of Anemias.
● Family Counselling (e.g. Premarital Counseling and Pre-Genetic Diagnosis).
● Breast Feeding and Lactation Consultancy.
● Baby Wellbeing.
● Nutrition of Infants and Children, Weight Problems Management (Under and Over Weight, Obesity).
● Child Development, Assessment and Monitoring Of Growth And Stature.
● Immunizations and Health Support Programs.
● Management and Follow Up Of Common Behavioral Problems (Bed Wetting, Toilet Training, School Issues).
● Adolescence Health (e.g. Assessment of Puberty, Late Puberty, Common Adolescents Health Issues).
Languages spoken : Arabic and English
Interests : A mother of 4 lovely children , Dr. Maisam is an avid reader and loves travelling .
Book an Appointment
Treatment plans are based on individual complexities of each case. Our Patient Relations team will assist you with customized payment plans.
We have also partnered with EMIRATES NBD Credit cards for an Easy Payment Plan ( EPP) for every transaction above the value of AED 1000/- at a 0 % interest rate, payable over 6/9/12 months.