Complimentary Baby Clinic
Meet our Consultant Pediatrician, Dr. Maisam Bakir for a complimentary Baby Clinic.
The parent can discuss the wellness of the baby and any other matters they want to including postpartum issues, lactation, vaccinations, milestones, breastfeeding, nutrition, etc.
Dates : 29th Jan & 2nd Feb 2020
Dr. Maisam Bakir
Book an Appointment
A post-graduate from the Arab Board of Medical Specialization in Pediatrics (CABMS). Dr. Maisam, a Canadian National started her career in Dubai since 2003 and worked at Latifa Hospital, one of the most reputed hospitals in Dubai. Her experience was not limited to general pediatric services but extended to include management of blood diseases in children, like Thalassemia, and all kinds of anemias, blood transfusion medicine, child development and growth, assessment and evaluation of child wellbeing, family and premarital counseling, breastfeeding and lactation consultancy.
Dr. Maisam is a winner of the prestigious HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Award as Outstanding Physician in UAE, 2013.
Moreover, Dr. Maisam participated in improving the quality of medical services, worked as an active member to achieve JCI accreditation while employed at Dubai Health Authority, improved quality control, established and reviewed clinical guidelines, infection control, and clinical audit.
Dr. Maisam, has been a lecturer at Dubai Medical College for Girls, and instructor in training junior doctors, residents and nursing staff in her department. She is a celebrated speaker in many national and international conferences and has published several scientific papers in sound reputed medical journals like Blood, Hemoglobin, Annals Haematology, Annals of Saudi Medicine and Haematologica.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
● Management of All Common General Pediatric Diseases (e.g. Acute Fever, Cough, Ear Infection, Bronchiolitis, Asthma, Snoring, Vomiting and Diarrhea, Constipation, Eczema, and Food Allergy).
● Diagnosis and Management of Blood Diseases in Children e.g. Thalassemia and All Kinds of Anemias.
● Family Counselling (e.g. Premarital Counseling and Pre-Genetic Diagnosis).
● Breast Feeding and Lactation Consultancy.
● Baby Wellbeing.
● Nutrition of Infants and Children, Weight Problems Management (Under and Over Weight, Obesity).
● Child Development, Assessment, and Monitoring Of Growth And Stature.
● Immunizations and Health Support Programs.
● Management and Follow Up Of Common Behavioral Problems (Bed Wetting, Toilet Training, School Issues).
● Adolescence Health (e.g. Assessment of Puberty, Late Puberty, Common Adolescents Health Issues).
Languages spoken : Arabic and English
Interests: A mother of 4 lovely children, Dr. Maisam is an avid reader and loves traveling.
Book an Appointment
- Over 17 years of experience as a Pediatrician.
- Winner of the prestigious HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Award as Outstanding Physician in UAE, 2013.
- Worked at Latifa Hospital, one of the most reputed hospitals in Dubai.
- She is a celebrated speaker in many national and international conferences.
Book your Visit / Call Us: +971 4 360 8881
2 months ago via Google
My first visit to this clinic today, was greeted by reception staff who were professional. Dr Mays is exceptional, explains everything in detail, quik and painless. I highly recommend her. Reasonable prices. 4 stars because I had to wait 30 minutes 🙂
a month ago via Google
Friendly and welcoming staff at the reception. Dr. Neha is punctual and professional making it a straightforward and pleasant experience with quality treatment. It's a pity they don't have direct billing with many insurance providers for dental.
a month ago via Google
Excellent Clinic, best dental care Ive had - they take the worry away from going to a dentist. Welcoming is great, everyone is polite and the Dr's are Top Professionals. Highly recommend Dr Arvind, he brilliantly assisted in a tooth problem - his knowledge is great. Also Dr Rena and Dr Sara - both highly recommendable - thank you to the latter for a instant consultation on a Friday.
3 months ago via Google
I took my 3 kids to Apex Medical and Dental today. Dr Catherine is so amazing with the kids, we've been her patients for over 2 years and never been disappointed. She just know how to engage with the kids and make sure they feel comfortable, explaining each step to them. We ended up having ear piercing for one of my girls as well. Dr Melanie, thank you for making my daughter feel at ease. The personal touch and smiles from everyone from reception straight through the practice is something you don't get all over. Thanks again!
in the last week via Google
Like most people, I am not a big fan of going to the dentist. Fortunately I have now had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Rena and the team at Apex. The atmosphere at Apex is relaxed but also extremely professional. Dr. Rena took the time to explain all the work I needed and was really gentle and talked me through the processes as we were going. Highly recommended if you are a nervous patient like I am. Thank you Apex.