Virtually Invisible Braces with Invisalign
Invisalign aligners like the name suggests are an invisible alternative to metal braces and can be used by children, teens as well as adults.
Gone are the days when your teeth were straightened with wires and brackets. Invisalign is a treatment method using a series of clear, removable appliances called aligners which have been specifically designed to fit your teeth.
The aligners gradually cause your teeth to shift their position slightly over a period of two weeks. Every two weeks, you will change your set of aligners and this will cause your teeth to move a little more. Over the weeks and months, your teeth will straighten into their proper positions, as prescribed by your dental practitioner.
What can be treated with Invisalign®
Advantages of Invisalign
- Improbable that anybody will know that you have aligners as they are virtually invisible.
- Removable and hence easy to use and clean. You can brush and floss normally.
- No restrictions on eating and no dietary restrictions need be followed.
- Customized to your teeth. Hence they are comfortable.
- No speech impairment or discomfort.
What is the process of Invisalign treatment?
1. Consultation & Examination by the Specialist Orthodontist
2. Scans and X rays to assess the feasibility and draw out a treatment plan based on the individual complexities.
3. A Digital scan which is then sent across to Align Technology to plan the Invisalign treatment.
4. Review of chin-cheek ratio. Align Technology will revert with a virtual video of the teeth movement from the current position to the expected final position based on the detailed prescription drafted by the Orthodontist.
5. Most importantly, our orthodontist will review the video and make the necessary changes to ensure that movements are feasible and that they produce the desired result. This video is shared with you for your approval and upon your confirmation, Align technology will manufacture the aligner and ship it to us.
Our Invisalign® Specialists
Dr. Pratik Premjani
Dr Pratik Premjani ,an extremely caring professional who focuses on care and humane values in patient care , graduated with honors from Mumbai and completed his MSc in Orthodontics from the European University, Dubai with a Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics from Malmo University Sweden. Not content with a single specialization, he went on to complete a MBA in Healthcare Science from Sikkim Manipal University, India.
Having practiced since 2013 in the UAE with a leading chain of dental clinics, he brings along 7 years of experience and is credited to be
1. One of the few Invisalign Platinum Providers in UAE.
2. A certificate holder in Lingual Orthodontics from the Incognito System .
Very well versed with modern techniques like Damon, TADs (mini screws), Functional Appliance, Adult and Preventive Orthodontics, Dr. Pratik is literally learnt and taught on the job – having served as an ASSISTANT Professor in Orthodontics in DHCC.
Always focused on clinical excellence and research, he has 9 Publications in Orthodontic journals like Seminars in Orthodontics, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics (JCO) and Asia pacific Orthodontic Trends journal and an active member of the WFO, AAO and Emirates Orthodontic Society.
What’s new : Currently he is well on his way to add another feather in his cap and is pursuing an additional PhD in Orthodontics.
What you didn’t know about him : Dr. Premjani is a doting dad to an eighteen month old. When he is not in the surgery, he would be found teaching her the “Dental Alphabet “ –which goes A for amalgam, B for braces , C for crowns …….. 🙂
Dr. Khushboo Motwani
Dr. Khushboo Motwani – Specialist Orthodontist.
Having completed her Masters in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics from the esteemed Manipal University, Mangalore, India, she worked for a well-known multi-specialty dental clinic in India before moving to Dubai in 2016
She specializes in contemporary orthodontic treatment for children and adults and has a keen interest and experience of treating jaw discrepancies at a younger age for better function and stable results. She is a certified provider for Invisalign Clear Aligners.
Dr. Khushboo firmly believes that the success of an orthodontic treatment highly depends on a healthy patient-doctor relationship and works on making each orthodontic visit highly interactive and informative.
Besides work – she enjoys being in her garden, tending to her plants and is a passionate painter as well.
What nobody knows about her : She loves gardening and takes great pride in her vegetable patch which she rears personally in good weather and bad !
Treatment plans are based on individual complexities of each case. Our Patient Relations team will assist you with customized payment plans.
We have also partnered with RAKBANK & EMIRATES NBD Credit cards for an Easy Payment Plan ( EPP) for every transaction above the value of AED 1000/- at a 0 % interest rate, payable over 6/9/12 months.