Your Child’s Health Comes First
Pediatrics, the medical specialty that deals with the healthcare of young people or children has a wide scope and covers babies’ right up to the age of 18.
The early years are focused on safe and timely immunizations, developmental assessments and prevention and treatment of acute illnesses.
At every appointment, your doctor will physically examine the child, measuring your baby’s height, weight, and head circumference; thereby assessing your baby’s general health and development.
The consultation would give the parents a great opportunity to get advice on:
Lactation | Breastfeeding | Weaning | Vaccinations | Milestones | Teething | Recurrent infections | Allergies | Nutrition | Toilet training | Behavioral problems | General safety| Traveling
PEDIATRICS - MOTOR CITY
Pediatricians have an education that gives them special skills to take care of your child’s health.
There are a lot of anatomical, physiological, immunological, psychological and developmental differences between children and adults.
Many children are not able to communicate the symptoms precisely and many a disease occurs exclusively in children.
Pediatricians are trained to diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases. Book an appointment with our pediatrician today.
We offer a full range of Pediatrics Services such as: Allergies | Nutrition | Toilet training | Behavioral problems | General safety | Traveling Advisory | Lactation | Breastfeeding | Weaning | Vaccinations | Milestones | Teething | Recurrent infections
During the first year, the checkups start anywhere from 2 to 4 days after birth to 2 weeks, at 6- 8 weeks, 4, 6, and 9 months of age during the first year.
Toddlers would generally be checked every three months. After 18 months, annual checkups are recommended.
Book an appointment today to schedule a checkup for your kids.
We offer a full range of Pediatrics Services such as:
- Over 17 years of experience as a Pediatrician.
- Winner of the prestigious HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Award as Outstanding Physician in UAE, 2013.
- Worked at Latifa Hospital, one of the most reputed hospitals in Dubai.
- She is a celebrated speaker in many national and international conferences.
OUR MEDICAL INSURANCE PARTNERS
Dr. Maisam Bakir
A post graduate from Arab Board of Medical Specialization in Pediatrics (CABMS). Dr. Maisam, a Canadian National started her career in Dubai since 2003 and worked at Latifa Hospital, one of the most reputed hospitals in Dubai. Her experience was not limited to general pediatric services but extended to include management of blood diseases in children, like Thalassemia, and all kinds of anemias, blood transfusion medicine, child development and growth, assessment and evaluation of child wellbeing, family and premarital counseling, breast feeding and lactation consultancy.
Dr. Maisam is a winner of the prestigious HH Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassemia Award as Outstanding Physician in UAE, 2013.
Moreover, Dr. Maisam participated in improving quality of medical services, worked as active member to achieve JCI accreditation while employed at Dubai Health Authority, improved quality control, established and reviewed clinical guidelines, infection control and clinical audit.
Dr. Maisam, has been a lecturer at Dubai Medical College for Girls, and instructor in training junior doctors, residents and nursing staff in her department. She is a celebrated speaker in many national and international conferences and has published several scientific papers in sound reputed medical journals like Blood, Hemoglobin, Annals Haematology, Annals of Saudi Medicine and Heamatologica.
Clinical Expertise & Services Offered
● Management of All Common General Pediatric Diseases (e.g. Acute Fever, Cough, Ear Infection, Bronchiolitis, Asthma, Snoring, Vomiting and Diarrhea, Constipation, Eczema and Food Allergy).
● Diagnosis and Management of Blood Diseases in Children e.g. Thalassemia and All Kinds of Anemias.
● Family Counselling (e.g. Premarital Counseling and Pre-Genetic Diagnosis).
● Breast Feeding and Lactation Consultancy.
● Baby Wellbeing.
● Nutrition of Infants and Children, Weight Problems Management (Under and Over Weight, Obesity).
● Child Development, Assessment and Monitoring Of Growth And Stature.
● Immunizations and Health Support Programs.
● Management and Follow Up Of Common Behavioral Problems (Bed Wetting, Toilet Training, School Issues).
● Adolescence Health (e.g. Assessment of Puberty, Late Puberty, Common Adolescents Health Issues).
Languages spoken : Arabic and English
Interests : A mother of 4 lovely children , Dr. Maisam is an avid reader and loves travelling .
Book an Appointment
Treatment plans are based on individual complexities of each case. Our Patient Relations team will assist you with customized payment plans.
We have also partnered with EMIRATES NBD Credit cards for an Easy Payment Plan ( EPP) for every transaction above the value of AED 1000/- at a 0 % interest rate, payable over 6/9/12 months.